PROFESSIONAL CODE OF ETHICS
Each employee shall observe utmost confidentiality and secrecy of any and all information received by them or entrusted to them in the course of their employment. By accepting employment with the Institute, they acknowledge that all information received by them in the course of their employment with the Institute is proprietary to the Institute and is not personal to them.
They shall ensure that neither originals nor copies of software or documents and files in electronic / digital form (e.g., on diskettes, tapes, drives, CDs etc.), which are the property of the Institute, are removed from the premises of the Institute, for any reason whatsoever, unless explicit advance permission is given by a duly authorized principal of the Institute.
They shall also ensure that all originals and copies (made by any means whatsoever) of documents or parts thereof (of whatever nature) which they remove from the premises of the Institute for work purposes are returned to the premises of the Institute, unless alternative instructions have been received from a duly authorized principal of the Institute. In any event, upon their leaving the services of the Institute, they shall ensure that all originals and copies (made by any means whatsoever) of documents or parts thereof (in whatever form and of whatever nature) in their possession are returned to the premise of the Institute.
Any breach of this condition may result in instant dismissal and punitive legal action for criminal breach of conduct against them AND any future employer or any commercial or non-commercial firm/enterprise/venture that they may be associated with, where such document and/or files or the content therein is used in any form or manner whatsoever.
Being teacher by profession, the employee assumes the obligation to conduct him/herself at all times in accordance with the highest standards of the teaching profession aiming at quality and excellence in the work and conduct, with no undesirable habits, thus winning the respect from student teachers, colleagues and all internal and external stake holders. They have to set themselves as a role model and not impart subjective knowledge but help student teachers develop their moral, mental and physical wellbeing along with overall personality. They must be a lifelong learner and promote the same in the student teachers.
Non- Teaching staff
The non-teaching staff member will observe discipline of the college and will act accordingly to the instructions given by the Principal/SRKSM from time to time.
We would request you to maintain complete confidentiality and secrecy of the activities pertaining to the Institute and the Trust.
They will ensure cordial relationships with all the teaching faculties, student teachers and parents.
The employee will abide by and follow all guidelines, service rules, regulations, standing orders, instructions and directives (or by whatever name called) that the Institute may issue from time to time, generally applicable to the employees or specifically applicable to any employee. Any breach thereof will entitle the Institute to terminate the appointment. The said guidelines etc. and the specific terms and conditions of the appointment letter thereof are supplementary to each other and are to be read in cohesion / conjunction with each other. In the eventuality of there being any confusion or conflict between the two, the interpretation and intention laid out by the Institute shall be final and binding.
The employee will be required to apply and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, efficiency, morality, ethics, discipline and integrity at all times and in all matters. They must respect their profession, nation, law and order and abide by all the rules laid by the government/SRKSM/Institute. They shall contribute in fostering the feeling of brotherhood, national integration and reverence for all religions. They shall be impartial, sympathetic and helpful to all the student teachers irrespective of their level of understanding and merit. The employee must be presentable in terms of dressing while on duty, punctual in attendance and other duties allotted without any negligence, refrain from any type of unauthorized financial transactions/obligations with any stakeholders by virtue of his/her position in the Institute. Institute won’t be responsible in such cases. They shall be prudent towards the property and funds of the Institute. They shall not indulge in any malpractices in examination or in any college activities.
The candidate shall not misuse the personal details of any staff member or student teachers like contact number, address, identity and residence proofs etc. and shall not disclose them to anyone without permission of the Principal Institute won’t be liable and legal actions shall be taken against the accused, if proven, it may lead to termination of the services.
They shall not practice discrimination among the student teachers or staff based on religion or caste or race. They shall not use any abusive words and shall behave decently and cordially with all to maintain the decorum of the Institute.
The employee shall not claim to represent the Institute in any manner or to bind the Institute to any obligation or commitment unless specifically authorized to do so, by the Principal of the Institute.
The employee shall not engage them self in any act or communication which does, or is likely to, bring any disrepute or harm to the name, reputation and standing of the Institute.
The employee shall conduct them self at all times so as to be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of India.
The employee shall keep the Institute informed of their local address, permanent address and telephone (mobile and landline) contacts, and any other personal information requested and any changes thereto. They shall also keep the Institute informed of their marital status, and any changes thereto. Any changes in contact information and marital status must be communicated in writing within a fortnight of its occurrence.
The Institute may, at any time, grant any indulgence, forbearance or extension of time for performance of duty, or release the employee from any obligation under the terms of the appointment, without impairing any future right to insist on strict and timely compliance with the terms of the appointment and without affecting the obligations and duties under the terms of the appointment.
No failure or delay by the Institute hereto at any time during the appointment to exercise any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof nor shall it any affect the existence and contents of that right or remedy nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy prevent any other exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or remedy. The rights and remedies herein provided are cumulative and not exclusive of any rights or remedies provide by law.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENT TEACHERS
All student teachers must abide by the rules and regulations of the Institute. The Institute authority may take disciplinary action if any student teacher violates the rules and regulations. Student teachers are advised to adhere to the code of conduct and discharge their responsibilities as a student teacher. Student teachers are required to follow following rules:
- Classes start from 10:30 am. and may continue up to 5:00 p.m. or even beyond college hours if required.
- Every student teacher must carry her Identity card inside the campus. Any violation of this will lead disciplinary
- Student teachers must help to keep the institute campus neat and clean.
- Use of Mobile phones, unless approved by the teacher for teaching, in the campus is strictly prohibited. Any violation of this will lead disciplinary
- Student teachers are expected to read notices/circulars displayed on the notice board or shred through social media platforms for regular updates.
- Spitting, throwing bits of paper in the premises should be prohibited.
- Misuse or unauthorized use of the institute premises or items of property, including computer, library misuse etc. would lead to disciplinary & penalized
- Each student teacher shall maintain disciplined behaviour while working in the institute
- Each student teacher must maintain minimum 80% of attendance to be eligible for internal sessional exam conducted by the institute as well as university
- Each student teacher must carry with them the Information book as per the given by institute. The book will be subjected to regular evaluation from time to time by the respective faculty.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in the campus. Any kind of ragging activities will not be tolerated by the institute. Strick action would be taken against the person indulging in such activities by the Anti Ragging cell of the institute.
- All acts of violence and sexual harassment of any kind will lead to disciplinary action or penal action as per the authority of sexual harassment committee of the institute
- Any other act which may be considered by the Campus Director /Director/Principal or any other Competent Authority to be an act of violation will be subjected to disciplinarian action by the institute
- The student teacher shall abide by the Code of Professional Ethics laid down by University and institute from time to time.